A problem with the cartridge holder, which becomes stuck inside, is usually the cause of Canon error 5011. Due to a printer malfunction, users are unable to scan. To resolve this issue, you must go through some troubleshooting steps.
Putting these solutions into action, on the other hand, can be difficult. The problem could also be the result of a flaw in the manufacturing process. The following are some possible solutions to Canon printer error code 5011.
- Before reconnecting the printer device, disconnect it from the power source for 5 minutes.
- Then, turn your printer off and remove the cover to replace the ink tanks.
- Turn on the printer and close the lid while it is initializing.
- Turn off your printer machine once more and simultaneously press and hold the Cancel and Power buttons.
- Hold the power button down while releasing the Cancel button.
- Press and hold the Cancel button four times in a row, then let go of both buttons.
The user must ensure that there are no bits of paper stuck inside the machine using this method. Examine the machine to ensure that no object or piece of paper has become lodged inside it.
If you haven’t been able to resolve the Canon printer error 5011 issue using the methods listed above, try cleaning the encoder strip, which is located behind the carriage. From left to right, the carriage moves.
Disconnect the printer from the power supply for 10 minutes before reconnecting it to run a test. Lift the lid of your printer and turn it on while it is still open.
Close the lid and verify that the Canon support code 5011 issue has been resolved. It will need to be fixed if none of the above tricks work. Contact the printer team if this doesn’t help; if it does, let them know what’s wrong.
Ques. What can I do about Canon printer error 5011?
- Unplug the printer and leave it turned off for 3 minutes before checking it. If that doesn’t work, turn it off once more.
- Remove the scanner’s and printer’s covers. With the cover open, restart the printer.
- Then close the lid and see if the problem goes away.
Ques. What should I do to get my Canon printer back into working order?
- Make changes to the port settings.
- Check to see if your printer is networked.
- Reinstall the printer driver if necessary.
- Set up the print spooler service to run in the background.
- It is recommended that Windows be updated.
Ques. What is the best way to troubleshoot a Canon printer issue?
- Turn your printer on.
- Hold down the Stop/Reset button for a few seconds.
- Keep the button you’re using to make a colour copy pressed.
- Before continuing, wait 5 seconds.
- The printer will reboot and set itself up.
- The printer now says that the machine needs to be calibrated.
- The printer’s settings have been cleared.